Yes, I'm a veteran or helping a veteran

The following organizations can assist a military veteran with brain injury:

  1. Department of Veterans Affairs - The Department of Veterans Affairs provides a wide range of benefits including disability benefits, education and training, vocational rehabilitation and employment, home loan guaranty, dependent and survivor benefits, medical treatment, life insurance and burial benefits.  Determine your eligibility here.
  2. Vet Centers provide individual, group and family counseling to all veterans who served in a combat zone.
  3. Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) - DVBIC's mission is to serve active duty military, their beneficiaries, and veterans with traumatic brain injuries (TBI) through state-of-the-art clinical care, innovative clinical research initiatives and educational programs.
  4. American Veterans with Brain Injuries (AVBI) offers support to the families of American Service members and Veterans who have suffered brain injuries.
Information and support for a veteran's caregiver is on the VA Caregiver Support Program website or they can call the National Caregiver Support Line at 1-885-260-3274.

Return to "I have been diagnosed with a brain injury," or "I am helping someone whose life has been affected by brain injury" OR select the "go back one page" feature.