1. VOLUNTEER YOUR EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE AND EDUCATE THE COMMUNITY ABOUT BRAIN INJURY
If you're a survivor or caregiver, share your story to educate the community about how your life has been affected by brain injury.
If you’re a professional, specializing in brain injury or disability, lend your expertise by writing an article.
Please read the prior to submitting your article, story, poetry, photos, or artwork.
2. SHARE YOUR VALUABLE TIME AND SKILLS AND HELP BIC GROW TO HELP THOSE AFFECTED BY BRAIN INJURY
The BIC needs motivated and dedicated people who want to help grow the BIC and share their skills or build their skills for the following positions.
3. JOIN THE BIC BOARD OF DIRECTORS OR ADVISORY BOARD
If you are interested in any of the following positions, please send a letter of interest, your resume and contact information for three references to:
Brain Injury Connection, Attention: Board of Directors, PO Box 2452, Alameda, CA 94501
*To access the links to the position descriptions and applications you must be registered on the BIC website. If you don't want to register on the site, please send an Email to Debi Palmer.
In a 1 - 2 page letter to the Board of Directors,
- Tell them about yourself,
- Why you're interested in the position, and
- What skills you can bring to the position.
To participate on the Board of Directors you must comply with and sign the following documents:
You will be required to fill out a BIC Volunteer Application, if you are selected.
4. OTHER WAYS TO VOLUNTEER
Other ways you can volunteer your time and talent include:
- Share your insight by participating in the BIC Forum;
- Attend meetings where we work on specific projects, plan events, etc.; OR
- Fill out the Board Appointment Application to apply to be on one of the following BIC Boards:
Join a committee:
- public relations*
- professional liaison committee*
* A description of each committee is forthcoming.